Orange Newcrest Challenge

Saturday Morning Rides - Leaving The Village Arcade, 43-45 Burns Bay Rd Lane Cove, at 6:30am sharp.

Moderator: Admin-Lite

Orange Newcrest Challenge

Postby swift17517 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:53 pm

The Orange Newcrest Challenge, conducted on Sunday 31st March'19 certainly lived up to its name
The forecasted weather was 1-13 and discussion the previous night centred around the number of layers required for a long day in the saddle
It would appear that 'luck' was on our side as we woke to darkened skies at 4 degrees that gradually cleared to a coolish 15, quite a shock to the system after the weather we had experienced in Sydney the previous week
Unfortunately, the wind was also up early but was never a major impediment, even providing a nice assistance for the final dash back into Orange

The countryside on the other side of the ranges is really quite spectactular, and after 170klm, you certainly get to see a variety of different vistas

Lane CoVelo was well represented at the event (Amy, Anthony, Francis, Greg, Ingrid, Iwan, Ken, Luke, Mick, Peter, Phil, Ross B, Ross C, Simon, Stephen, Sylvain, Tim, Tony), my apologies if there were others somewhere on the road ahead of me

A throughly recommended event, well supported by both Bicycle Network & the community but i do suggest some hill training beforehand

I heard talk of Fitz's Classic in the bar, it's odd how quickly we forget the aches and pains

Greg
swift17517

Return to Lane CoVelo Discussion